Covid Precautions & Protocols
We have self-administered mail-in 24-hour COVID tests available for guests wishing to shorten quarantine. Just give us a call after making your booking to get this in place for your stay.
Our Safety Protocols
The Snow Goose staff and procedures are dedicated to the safety and wellbeing of our guests – we take this responsibility very seriously.
We have expanded upon our already high standards by establishing and adhering to enhanced protocols based on the collective guidance of the CDC, AHLA Stay Safe Program, VT Department of Health, and other industry leaders.
The general details of our Covid Precautions and Protocols are shown below. Please note, these protocols are subject to change as the situation continues to evolve. Again, we will lean to the guidance of the CDC and VT Department of Health for modifications.
As you consider visiting Snow Goose Inn, be assured that we all remain diligent in these efforts. Your confidence and comfort are paramount. We will gladly share further details with you or answer any questions you may have. Never hesitate to ask.
As we all find ourselves seeking “normal” again, we look forward to pampering you. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you for a wonderful, worry-free, and oh-so-relaxing getaway. And remember that there is always a warm smile behind our mask.
The Snow Goose has also embraced recommended technologies to improve guest protection.
All rooms and common spaces and guest rooms are protected with HEPA UVC air purifiers and sanitized with electrostatic disinfectant systems. Guest rooms are sanitized with UVC light treatments between guest stays.
Protocols – Cleaning & Disinfection
- Staff members self-assess and stay home if not feeling well.
- Staff will maintain proper distancing as appropriate.
- All staff members will wash their hands or hand sanitize upon arrival and continue to do so frequently.
- Hand Sanitizer readily accessible throughout all common spaces.
- Incorporate CDC/AHLA enhanced cleaning protocols throughout our property with increased frequency to cleaning high-touch areas with disinfectant cleaners.
- All staff to wear masks and other PPE such as gloves as appropriate.
- UVC light sanitizing
- HEPA and UVC air purification
- Electrostatic surface sanitizing
General Protocols Regarding Food & Beverage
- Dining room tables will be amply spaced and fewer tables will be used to maintain required physical distancing.
- We have established strict table/chair sanitation protocols between guest seating.
- All weekend breakfast service will be ordered in advance and presented as “grab and go” with individual packaging.
General Protocols Regarding Guest Experience
- Be assured that rules regarding physical distancing and contactless service will be keenly observed.
- Vermont has issued a mask mandate throughout the State.
- Housekeeping service is available only upon request and provided regulations allow for it.
- All common spaces (indoor and outdoor) are available for guest enjoyment. Seating modifications will meet proper distancing.
- Rooms are cleaned and sealed at least 24 hours prior to your check-in.
Finally, we ask the following from our guests:
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE: Please have each guest respond to our self-certification and contact tracing email. This will speed your check-in process and eliminate any further paperwork. We ask that you contact us if you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste and smell, or if you have been in contact with someone showing such symptoms. We will work with you to reschedule your visit. Be sure you can comply with the quarantine directives mentioned above if necessary.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE: Any guests displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be requested to seek medical attention. Should a positive COVID-19 diagnosis be received, we will request that you check out and we will reschedule your stay or refund 100% of your deposit.
WHILE AT THE SNOW GOOSE: Guests must wear face masks per State order. Masks will be available upon request. We do ask guests to frequently use the hand sanitizer placed throughout the common spaces. Please respect physical distancing guidance. Daily temperature checks will be administered to all guests.
Should you need to cancel an upcoming reservation because you or another in your party has tested positive for Covid-19 or you are not feeling that it is the right to be traveling, please let us know as soon as possible. As we have relaxed our policy to provide you with flexibility –
- Reschedule without penalty.
- Refund 85% of your deposit (if within two weeks).
- Refund 100% of your unused stay with a positive test.